[asterisk-users] Returning different SIP Hangup Cause

Kristian Kielhofner kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com
Wed May 2 13:19:35 MST 2007

On 5/2/07, Yuan LIU <yliu11 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> >From: "Kristian Kielhofner" <kristian.kielhofner at gmail.com>
> >Date: Wed, 2 May 2007 11:55:06 -0400
> >
> >On 5/2/07, Jean-Marc Salsa <jsalsa at gmail.com> wrote:
> >>Hi,
> >>
> >>I would like to return different values/cause to another SIP Server with
> >>Hangup cmd.
> >>I tried to put different values in Hangup(xx) ...
> >>but it always returns the same value !
> >>
> >>How can I send back different error cause ?
> >>
> >>Thanks,
> >>
> >>Jean-Marc
> >
> >I'm actually interested in something like this too...
> >
> >What I'd like is a way to indicate different SIP "errors" manually
> >(4xx, 5xx, 6xx) something like the OP:
>
> Obviously Hangup doesn't have this - from a feature stand point, Hangup
> being a channel agnostic application, introducing an "error code" may not be
> desirable.  I can think of one workaround in channels that support SendText:
> use SendText before Hangup.  Today, you'd have to use AGI to ReceiveText,
> but it's a more manageable pain.  However, how to invoke this AGI from the
> origination side can be very challenging.  I can't think of a way right now.
>
> Yuan Liu

Yuan,

  I know and the goal aof any new feature is to be channel agnostic.
Obviously SIP response codes are VERY SIP specific.  Maybe there is
another way to do it - specify a response label perhaps.  One could
then define this label in sip.conf, iax.conf, zapata.conf, etc to make
it do what it should do for that channel.  That would be cool.

--
Kristian Kielhofner