[asterisk-users] PRI T1 Problems

Frank at explido.us Frank at explido.us
Wed May 2 11:57:04 MST 2007

Sorry for disturbing you, but we have some problems with an installation
with multiple (84) T1s from Quest.
Now, our Problem is disconnected numbers are reported by sending in-
band channel alert message and the B-Channel will have the tri tone and
respective message but the line is never "picked up" and stays in ringing
when dialling. So disconnected numbers are never detected as
disconnected numbers.
We tried this with digium and sangoma cards and the results are the same.
Quest offered us a audible treatment of the line which made things even
worse and would block the B-Channel for playing the message without
asterisk being aware that the channel is still used.
Otherwise we have a huge problem with congestion due to unavailable B-
Channels when the number of connections in asterisk does not match the
number of used channels / channels stay blocked after they have been
hung up for several seconds, again this seems to be mostly the problems
when b-channels carry audible alert messages.

Thanks for any good suggestions!

Frank Gorgas-Waller
Explido Software USA Inc.
Phone +863-248-1195  &  Fax +863-248-1155
EMail  frank at explido.us  &  ICQ 7733546
We teach penguin to fly http://www.explido.us