[asterisk-users] Improving Asterisk's DNS support

Darrick Hartman dhartman at djhsolutions.com
Wed May 2 05:20:54 MST 2007

Per Jessen wrote:
> Brian Capouch wrote:
>

>> Kristian is exactly right: there needs to be an architectural fix that
>> will stop EVERYTHING in the server from hanging when lookups are done
>> (and then hang) for a given IAX/SIP peer.
>>

> It seems to me the best approach would be to report and document the
> problem.  Has anyone done that already?

If you would have actually read Kristian's first post you would have
seen the bug tracker entry that was in the email.  The entry was
considered 'closed' because the developer thought this was a feature
request, not a bug.  Feature requests are not accepted into the bug
tracker unless they have a patch associated with them.  I'll repost that
link here so you can read the discussion in that entry.

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=9153

The thing here is Kristian is willing to pay money and provide testing
resources to have this fixed (properly) and become part of the code that
will benefit everyone.  His request is not a blind "add this feature for
me because I'm a leach".  Anyone using Asterisk in a business
environment should care about this and want it resolved.

Darrick

--
Darrick Hartman
DJH Solutions, LLC