[asterisk-users] OT: Capture Asterisk traffic

Joe acquisto joea at j4computers.com
Wed May 2 03:08:00 MST 2007

. . .
> man tcpdump indicates that I should be able to use >= syntax but it
> doesn't
> work as expected. Any further advice appreciated.
>
> Cameron

When interested in packets, I usually use ethereal and a 4 port hub, plugging the ethereal and asterisk boxs into the hub and uplink the hub to where the asterisk box plugged into.  It does require more hardware and a momentary interruption of communications, but seems more flexible and less intrusive (to asterisk) to me.

joe a.