[asterisk-users] Runaway MOH/mp3123 process?

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Tue May 1 23:35:00 MST 2007

Has anyone noticed a problem with runaway mpg123 processes for
music-on-hold eating up ~100% CPU and driving the load on the
machine way up?

I've seen this problem consistently with multiple Asterisk
installs, 1.2.x and 1.4.x, although admittedly it was more
common with 1.2.x as far as I can tell.

There is no clearly identifiable sequence of events that causes
this to occur, although it obviously involves utilisation of the
MOH audio blend at some point, which I use both in queues and for
hold.  But the precise chain of events is never consistent,
predictable, nor triggered in any particular temporal relation
to when MOH is last used--at least, not one that I can pin down.
It does not appear to arise immediately following the activation
of a MOH sequence.

--
Alex Balashov <sasha at presidium.org>