[asterisk-users] is dundi worth pursuing in this situation?

Remco Post remco at pipsworld.nl
Tue May 1 14:22:37 MST 2007

Salvatore Giudice wrote:
> DUndi or enum only make sense if you plan to move extentions dynamically
> without having to touch you Asterisk configs or if you want to expose your
> addressing to the outside world.
>
> Personally, I would do it statically so you can avoid delays in processing
> addressing especially - in the case of enum- if you dns server becomes
> unavailable.

I've been using both enum and dundi. Dundi has some means of setting one
server to primary, so that server will most likely have the number you
are looking for in it's cache. With enum, you'll want to run a dns
recursor on each * host or on a host very close to it networkwise. Both
will do equally well in your case. I like the easy of using dundi. There
are some very good dialplans floating around for doing enum lookups, I
have a macro written in ael2 that you can have if you like.

--

Remco Post

"I didn't write all this code, and I can't even pretend that all of it
makes sense." -- Glen Hattrup