[asterisk-users] Display Caller ID of called party

Savoy, Kevin - Williston, ND ksavoy at novo1.com
Tue May 1 13:54:17 MST 2007

Not sure if this can be done or not, but I can't seem to find it
anywhere on the Wiki. When dialing interoffice with Asterisk 1.4.2, I
would like to have the caller id of the person I am dialing displayed
and not the number I just dialed. Is this possible? So, if extension
4023 is John Doe, and I dial 4023, my display should read John Doe and
not 4023. I am using a Polycom 501 by the way in case that matters.

Any ideas?

Kevin Savoy

Business Unit Telecom Analyst

2218 4th Ave W