[asterisk-users] MYSQL application in dial plan

Yehavi Bourvine +972-8-9489444 YEHAVI at VMS.HUJI.AC.IL
Tue May 1 11:23:00 MST 2007

Hello,

  I would like to implement a few decision making process inside the dialplan
using information stored in MySQL (like LCR, etc.). I see the MYSQL()
application, but as far as I understand I have to connect to the database each
time I want to query it; this seems a CPU eater to me. Is this indeed the case,
or can I open it once Asterisk starts and leave it open?

                                                      Thanks, __Yehavi: