[asterisk-users] Autoattendant press 1 collides with extension numbers...

Stephen Bosch posting at vodacomm.ca
Tue May 1 07:39:51 MST 2007

J. Oquendo wrote:
> So I have whose autoattendant is colliding with their extensions...
> Quick fix anyone?
>
> Second someone presses say a person's extension (101) ... Autoattendant
> sends them to the first context...

Two things:

1 -- your include statement is missing. Asterisk doesn't even know about
the extension 101.

2 -- even if you include the other extension, you will have problems,
because Asterisk will match in the current context before it checks the
included contexts. What this means is that there is no quick fix for
your problem.

The best thing to do is to make sure that your extensions use a first
digit that isn't part of the auto attendant at all. So, for example,
your extensions might start with 6 (as in 6XX), since 6 isn't part of
the auto attendant menu.

Alternatively, you can take the 1 out of the auto attendant.

Either way, it will change the caller experience -- but if this is a new
setup and it's not working anyway, so what?

-Stephen-