[asterisk-users] Re: restrictions on meetme with agi background

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue May 1 06:15:19 MST 2007

In article <463739AA.7070702 at pagestation.com>,
Jerry Geis <geisj at pagestation.com> wrote:
> I am reading comments on the Wiki for meetme
> http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Asterisk+cmd+MeetMe
> from 2004 about how and AGI does work with non zap channels.
>
> Is this still valid 3 years later and 1.4.4?

Yes it is. That part of the Meetme architecture hasn't changed at all.

> How do I bring people into a meetme and play a message to all of them
> when they are on SIP channels?

One way to play an announcement into a conference is to define two
extensions - one which Answers and invokes Meetme with the q option,
and another which waits for e.g. 1 second and then plays the accouncement.
You the create a call, using either a call file or the manager interface.
The Channel for the call should be a Local channel that calls the first
extension, and the Context/Exten/Priority should specify the second.

Another way is to enhance Meetme itself to provide a command to play
an announcement file to a specified conference.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield