[asterisk-users] Which IP Phones have buttons can be assigned to functions with Asterisk

Justin Hamade justhamade at gmail.com
Sat Mar 31 23:44:06 MST 2007

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki-Polycom+Phones#Newphones
quote:
"WARNING: The IP 30x and IP 50x models do not have on-board Power Over
Ethernet chips. Although the phone claims to support 802.3af and the Cisco
POE standard (note it says "optional"), the an additional cable (see part
list above) is required on these models. This raises the list price to $215
or $305 when used in a Power over Ethernet environment; if you know you're
going to need PoE, buy the part with the PoE cable included (and no wall
power brick) to save money. This warning does not apply to the 60x or any
future models"

Just the 30x and 50x, I just setup an office full of 430s with a 3com
Baseline 2426 PWR PoE switch.  It is a great low cost setup.

Justin

On 3/31/07, Chris Mason (Lists) <lists at masonc.com> wrote:

> bilal ghayyad wrote:
> > I heared that polycom needs adaptor for the power as
> > it does not provide standard PoE, also I do not know
> > this.
> >

> You need a special cable to use a 501 with a POE switch, that's all.
>
> --
> Chris Mason
> (264) 497-5670 Fax: (264) 497-8463
> Int:  (305) 704-7249 Fax: (815)301-9759 UK 44.207.183.0271
> Cell: 264-235-5670
> Yahoo IM: netconcepts_anguilla at yahoo.com
>

> --
> believed to be clean.