[asterisk-users] Understanding the dial flags

Alan Chandler alan at chandlerfamily.org.uk
Sat Mar 31 14:14:09 MST 2007

I am trying to make a system where a conference user can invite others
to join.  I am running the 1.2 version of asterisk, so can't use the
example on voip-info.org.

With use of the X flag on a meetme conference to exit with a single
digit, I can get people to join me in a conference with

exten =>
_XXX,1,Dial(${THEIR_EXTEN},,dG(conference-context^${CALLERID}^1))

where the conference-context has a something like this

[conference-context]

exten => _XXX,1,MeetMe(${EXTEN},XMsa)
exten => _XXX,2,MeetMe(${EXTEN},Ms)

The problem with that approach is that you never get to talk to the
called party and ask whether they want to join the conference or not.

So I thought I would take another approach and try change the Dial
statement

exten => _XXX,1,Set(GOTO_ON_BLINDXFER=conference^${CALLERID}^2)
exten => _XXX,2,Dial(${THEIR_EXTEN},,dTg)
exten => _XXX,3,GoTo(conference-context,${EXTEN},1)

Now, when I blind xfer the user he goes straight into the conference.
Unfortunately, the g flag - which should mean I carry on down the dial
plan doesn't appear to work in this case.  When he hangs up, I do go
back to the conference, but when he is transfered and goes to the
conference, I seem to end in limbo.

I even tryed to add an h extension to the same context as the Dial is
in, but that didn't seem to help.

Is there a way out of this?

--
Alan Chandler