[asterisk-users] switchtype and signalling query

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling eric at fnords.org
Fri Mar 30 17:04:29 MST 2007

Simon Alman wrote:
> Hi Guys
>
> I'm configuring a TE212P card and have the following two entries in my
> /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf
>
> switchtype=dms100
> signalling=pri_cpe
>
> When I reload asterisk I get the following messages:
>>     -- Reloading module 'chan_zap.so' (Zapata Telephony)
>>   == Parsing '/etc/asterisk/zapata.conf': Found
>> [Mar 30 17:48:42] WARNING[2985]: chan_zap.c:11072 process_zap:
>> Ignoring switchtype
>> [Mar 30 17:48:42] WARNING[2985]: chan_zap.c:11072 process_zap:
>> Ignoring signalling

Reload cannot change the switchtype or the signaling.  The message is
just letting you know what config options you are using that cannot be
changed during a reload.  You would have to unload chan_zap.so and load
chan_zap.so or do a restart or stop and start of Asterisk to apply
changes to those options.  At least in 1.2 and earlier you cannot add or
remove channels with a reload either.  I don't think it gives you any
error messages when it does not add/remove the channels. I don't know
what limitations 1.4 has with regard to these things.