[asterisk-users] Paging

Forrest Beck jonforrest.beck at gmail.com
Fri Mar 30 13:50:00 MST 2007

First off, A lot of thanks to this list.  I have learned ton from
reading through the posts this past year.

I need some advise.

I have two group of phones connected to a single server.

Group1= SIP/2503&SIP/2504
Group2=SIP/3501&SIP/3502

I'd like to be able to dial an extension and page a certain group of
phones only if ChanIsAvail returns 1.

I am not sure how to go about programming this.  I though to write a
AGI script that reads a list of phones (one list per group), checks
ChanIsAvail then Pages the phone.  I  will have about 60 extensions
per group to Page.  Will there be lag until all the phones get paged
and the script finishes?

Then I thought maybe a Macro in the dialplan to dial a global var of
the group of phones, but that won't work.  If phone isn't available,
none will get paged.

Has anyone done this before?  I just don't know where to start.

Thanks

--
***
Forrest Beck