[asterisk-users] Cisco 30VIP Phone

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Fri Mar 30 03:40:36 MST 2007

On 3/29/07, Jason Parker <jparker at digium.com> wrote:
> ----- "Chris Nighswonger" <cnighswonger at foundations.edu> wrote:
> > That is the conclusion I came to and was confirmed today in a very
> > brief chat with one of the individuals listed as a developer on the
> > chan_skinny module. He said that they could be implemented.
> >
> > What I would like to know, and do not understand, is the relationship
> > between the code in chan_skinny.c which sets up the softkeys which
> > are
> > implimented and the actual key positions on the phone. With this
> > info,
> > I can hack the code to impliment other of the keys (ie. speed dial,
> > etc.).
> Search the code for "30VIP", there are only like 2-3 places where it's referenced.

Right. I have done this.

> It should be immediately obvious how it works.

Maybe to some who have been in on the skinny/cisco conversation for
awhile. I am not new to c or c++, but am to * and cisco ip phones
(this is probably more of my problem) and it is not at all obvious (to
me). I would like to possibly contribute, however.

I have also been working with chan_sccp which I understand supports
these phones more fully than chan_skinny.

I am surprised with a $1000+ bounty on the porting of chan_sccp
features to chan_skinny that no one has taken time to do it yet.

Please forgive me if this sounds ungrateful. I am thankful for the
help and for the great product that * is.

Chris