[asterisk-users] web based sip phone

Yuan LIU yliu11 at hotmail.com
Fri Mar 30 03:24:22 MST 2007

>From: Pezhman Lali <pezhman_lali at yahoo.com>
>Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 02:34:24 -0700 (PDT)
>
>thanks Yuan
>I was search
>the best result is sipfoundary.org
>but it's client is not spesific for my purpose,
>but it will be.
>is any better answer for this searching?

Have you tried JAIN SIP applet?  It requires an application server to deploy
(JBOSS does fine).  But if you are desperate :-) (Well it didn't fit my need
then but my requirements were rather bizarre.)

Part of the answer also depends on your requirements.  For some, a CGI/AGI
Web interface constitutes a Web based "phone". (Think Jahjah.)  Such does
not require any remote deployment and can be made very sophisticated. (You
can even write a streaming Applet without running anything SIP on client
machine, and let server do the SIP work.)  On the other hand, with
appropriate Active-X permissions, you can also deploy nearly any thick
application.

Yuan Liu