[asterisk-users] Polycom Power

Mike Hammett asterisk-users at ics-il.net
Thu Mar 29 13:43:22 MST 2007

I have a 501 with traditional power and a 301 with PoE. I rightfully assumed
that the traditional power from the 501 would work on the 301.

How do I get the PoE to work? Do I use the Polycom PoE cable in addition to
whatever PoE injection method I use? I have a Cisco PoE injector that works
on my Cisco AP350 and my 7960. No combination of this injector, the Polycom
cable, and the phone result in success.

I have 18v PoE injectors that I use for other things, but I hear that
802.3af is 48v, therefore probably wouldn't work.

How do I use Polycom PoE?