[asterisk-users] Call Waiting problems

Lachek Butalek lachek at gmail.com
Thu Mar 29 12:22:45 MST 2007

Situation, simple home setup:

* Trixbox 2.0
* Feature Codes installed
* GNet PA-168V based ATA
* Cheesy cordless analogue phone

>From what I gather, dialing *70 from the handset should activate Call
Waiting. All it seems to do is change the message "The person at
<extension> is unavailable". The person speaking on the phone at the
time of the second incoming call hears no indication that another call
is incoming.

Part of the problem is that I have no idea how the feature should work
when it's functional. Could someone help me troubleshoot this, or
point me in the right direction? It seems as though, as a very basic
feature, not a lot of documentation is written about it.

Thanks!