[asterisk-users] Multi-line phones - Asterisk uses wrong callerid

Drew Gibson drew at oanda.com
Thu Mar 29 10:17:57 MST 2007

Steve Langstaff wrote:
> [...]
At this point, I would not like to point fingers, I have not talked to
Aastra.

1.   Asterisk seems to be assuming that IP/port is the unique key and
the account name is less important.
2.   Aastra seems to be assuming that account name is the unique key and
the IP/port is less important

My personal leaning is that account name should be the key (as domain
name presides over IP address when web-hosting) but I am not familiar
with how this is normally done in the SIP world.

regards,

Drew

--
Drew Gibson