[asterisk-users] SIP & NAT

Mike Hammett asterisk-users at ics-il.net
Thu Mar 29 10:15:51 MST 2007

I have a block of 20 IP addresses, so I can't really carve out /30s and
whatnot to route between locations.

Asterisk is the client.  I am doing Interop testing with some vendors before
I ship it out to a colo facility.

I have used the NAT setting with Asterisk as the server on the open
Internet.  Would it function similarly with Asterisk as the client?  We are
using IP based authentication.

I have more public addresses, but I'm unsure how to route that through so
the Asterisk box can use it.  Perhaps I will look into 1:1 NAT.

--Mike

  _____