[asterisk-users] Re: System from AMI

Tomislav Parcina tomislav.parcina at email.t-com.hr
Thu Mar 29 03:16:12 MST 2007

Lee Jenkins wrote:
> You have to login into the AMI server with proper credentials and send
> commands.

Hi Lee!

Thank you for your mail. I do login to the Asterisk 5038 port and I have
all credentials. What I'm asking is what Action allows me to execute
system command.

What I tried is this:
Action: Command
Command: ! ls

Response: Follows
Privilege: Command
--END COMMAND--

OK, maybe he doesn't show output, so I have tried this:
Action: Command
Command: ! rm /tmp/test.txt

Response: Follows
Privilege: Command
--END COMMAND--

But this doesn't work neither (tmp/test.txt is stil lthere).
Is there any solution to this problem?

> I wrote an AMI test application a little while back.  It gives you the
> ability to login into the AMI, send commands and snoop packets being
> send out.  Great way to get familiar with AMI commands and packet
> structure.
>
> http://www.datatrakpos.com/pos/datatalk/dpdownload.aspx
>
> You'll see the download under "Manager API Testing Utility".  It's
> freeware.

I don't believe that your application can help me with this one.

--
Tomislav Parcina
firstname.lastname at email.t-com.hr