[asterisk-users] Using server side phonebook directory with SPA941

Christoph Fürstaller christoph.fuerstaller at kurtkrenn.com
Wed Mar 28 23:03:20 MST 2007

Hi,

I've deploayed such an centraliced phonebook. The phonebook is stored in
an MySQL DB. If a call comes in to asterisk, an agi script is started
which queries the database with that nr. If a result is found, I set the
CALLERID(name) and send it to the phone, if no nr is found, I insert the
Nr temporarly into the DB, with a timestamp, for further processing. The
Phonebook is manageable via a Webinterface so new nr can be insereted
and the temporarly inserted can be saved for a contact. From within this
webinterface click-to-dial is also implemented. I'm using Thomson
ST2030S which supports a centralized phonebook, so it's also possible to
use this phonebook from within the telephone.

chris...