[asterisk-users] Transfering not working - how to debug?

Gordon Henderson gordon+asterisk at drogon.net
Wed Mar 28 13:31:37 MST 2007

On Wed, 28 Mar 2007, Alan Chandler wrote:

> I cannot seem to get any transfers to work at all.  The console show I
> have #1 amd #2 set up for Blind and Attended Transfer, but when I hit
> these buttons on my handset nothing happens (other than I hear the dtmf
> tones on the other end of the line).
>
> roo*CLI> show features
> Builtin Feature           Default Current
> ---------------           ------- -------
> Pickup                    *8      *8
> Blind Transfer            #       #1
> Attended Transfer                 #2
> One Touch Monitor                 *1
> Disconnect Call           *       *0
>

> I am using the tT options in my dial calls (via a macro)
>
> [macro-extension]
> exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG1},20,tT)

I had to fiddle with other things to make this work (needed for the
Siemens CP4600 SIP/DECT phone)

I found that the default timeouts were a bit tight for my likings (and the
people who I was testing this with!)

So in features.conf I have:

transferdigittimeout =  8       ; Number of seconds to wait between digits when transfering a call
featuredigittimeout  = 999      ; Max time (ms) between digits for
                                 ; feature activation.  Default is 500

[featuremap]
blindxfer  => #1                ; Blind transfer
atxfer     => ##                ; Attended transfer
disconnect => #0                ; Disconnect

If it's still not working, are you sure the DTMF is being picked
up/transmitted correctly? If it's in-band, is it a codec other than G711?
(which might give you problems)

Gordon