[asterisk-users] wireless desktop phones

Anselm Martin Hoffmeister anselm at hoffmeister-online.de
Wed Mar 28 11:00:03 MST 2007

Am Mittwoch, den 28.03.2007, 12:32 -0400 schrieb Brian Capouch:
> Jordan Novak wrote:
> > Okay, I get it. I still have a problem though. I have no way to wire 30%
> > of these end-points. P{hysically impossible. They do have cat3 twisted
> > pair to each phone. But of course they want IP. Are there any adpaters
> > that will give me just enough bandwidth to get it done. The computer
> > network is all wireless so the phones would have all the bandwidth.
> >

> Some of the Wifi phones--at least under the relatively stable conditions
> I have here--work very reliably.
>
> I have 3 Starcom F1000s, and a) if they don't have to roam and b) they
> don't have to connect dynamically to different servers, work just fine.
>
> FYI.  YMMV.

I still have problems with mine, in a non-roaming, fixed-server setup. I
cannot recommend using them in an office environment.

Depending on the cabling, 10MBit should do for VoIP. As an alternative,
you could still use analogue phones with a FXO/FXS card (sorry I use to
mixup those, I don't have too much analogue phone hardware anymore). Of
course this would give you the full market bandwidth of available
analogue phones.

BR
Anselm