[asterisk-users] wireless desktop phones

Dean Collins Dean at cognation.net
Wed Mar 28 06:35:14 MST 2007

Gordon,
If you need to have high density DECT then it's very easily achievable
but like all things you need to move to a commercial situation rather
than a domestic style gigaset.

I used to sell commercial DECT solutions (eg starting at $40k+ - my
largest individual site was a 250K solution).

I've even seen an ericsson md110 with nothing but high density dect
cards supporting a multi acre military facility.

My point is you can have more than 6 handsets in a single 'zone'.

To answer Jordan's original question - why do you want wifi? Do these
people have desks? Monitors? Pc's connected to cables? Then don't be
silly and try to give them wifi when the technology is too immature.

If you ARE working in a trading situation where people don't have desks
and are totally mobile then you need to use commercial DECT.

Regards,

Dean Collins
Cognation Pty Ltd
dean at cognation.net