[asterisk-users] Doorphone

Trevor Peirce tpeirce at digitalcon.ca
Tue Mar 27 20:11:03 MST 2007

Ray Wadkins wrote:
> I had the bright idea to set up a "virtual extension" that would just
> ring, virtually.  Then we could use call pickup to snag the call at an
> extension and be able to open the door.  Unfortunately, I can't figure
> out how to get that to work.  Wait(30) and Answer(30000) don't seem to
> allow call pickup to snag the extension.
>
> Any suggestions?
Sure, try something like this:

[doorcom]
exten => s,1,Dial(Local/ringforever)

[ringforever]
exten => s,1,Wait(60)
exten => s,n,Playback(sorry-nobody-wants-to-let-you-in)
exten => s,n,Hangup

To answer just use call pickup.  As long as everything is SIP you should
be just fine (I think I read somewhere that IAX doesn't have call pick up).

Not sure if the Local/ringforever is written quite right, but you get
the idea here.

Good luck,
Trev