[asterisk-users] Macro Dial - External DID

Forrest Beck jonforrest.beck at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 18:24:47 MST 2007

I am using the sample (slightly modified) macro for dialing phones. My
extensions are in the 2000 range.  Each extension has it's own
external DID.  Is there any way to have the macro look up the DID to
be used for the extension and set the DID as the callerid?  Maybe from
a flat file somewhere?  Or is there a better way to do this???

I know I can use callerid in sip.conf, but I only want the DID used
when the call goes external.

[macro-stdexten]
;
; Standard extension macro:
;   ${ARG1} - Extension  (we could have used ${MACRO_EXTEN} here as well
;   ${ARG2} - Device(s) to ring
;
exten => s,1,Dial(${ARG2},20)  ; Ring the interface, 20 seconds maximum
exten => s,2,Goto(s-${DIALSTATUS},1)  ; Jump based on status
(NOANSWER,BUSY,CHANUNAVAIL,CONGESTION,ANSWER)
exten => s-NOANSWER,1,Voicemail(u${ARG1}@upperschool)  ; If
unavailable, send to voicemail w/ unavail announce
exten => s-NOANSWER,2,Goto(default,s,1)  ; If they press #, return to start
exten => s-BUSY,1,Voicemail(b${ARG1}@upperschool)  ; If busy, send to
voicemail w/ busy announce
exten => s-BUSY,2,Goto(default,s,1)  ; If they press #, return to start
exten => _s-.,1,Goto(s-NOANSWER,1)  ; Treat anything else as no answer
exten => a,1,VoicemailMain(${ARG1})  ; If they press *, send the user
into VoicemailMain

[phones]
exten => _2XXX,1,Macro(stdexten,${EXTEN},SIP/${EXTEN})

DID example:
2001 = 5552871701
2002 = 5552871702
2003 = 5552871703