[asterisk-users] Inbound Voice Quality - Speed Change

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 18:17:09 MST 2007

On 3/27/07, Jim Duda <jim at duda.tzo.com> wrote:
> Many times the "speed" of an inbound voice call changes.  It's similiar
> to playing a 33 LP at 45 speed.  Sometimes the voice becomes uneligible.
>  A "speed" change is the best way to describe it, seems like the voice
> packets are being played out too fast.
>
> Can anyone explain what might cause this?  It doesn't always happen, and
> seem unpredictable.

This sounds like a timing issue.  Do you have zaptel cards installed
or ztdummy?  If zaptel cards, are you getting your timing from the
telco or providing your own?  I shut off the line that was providing
timing from the telco on another system (not asterisk) and all heck
broke loose.  I had called to cancel the line a few days earlier and
it took a couple days for them to cancel it, so basically had
forgotten about it.  Took me awhile to figure that one out.