[asterisk-users] Re: SIP/IAX peers UNREACHABLE and audio loss

Edoardo Serra edoardo.serra at webrainstorm.it
Tue Mar 27 09:11:21 MST 2007

Hi all,
	I made some tests under heavy network load generated artificially
moving files form server to server

I noticed a 3% packet loss in ping -f response form server involved in
big data transfer (1 GB files through http)

I changed the network switch with a Cisco Catalyst 2950 and the packet
loss with pings disapperead but the problem with REACHABLE / UNREACHABLE
peers remains...

I did one more simple test
While Asterisk is stating the peer is UNREACHABLE I can ping (even -f)
it without problem and without packet loss.

Could it be a problem in Asterisk ?

I'm using 1.2.13 on a gentoo
Kernel 2.6.20

Tnx again for help