[asterisk-users] Re: Question about DSP in Digium card

Tony Mountifield tony at softins.clara.co.uk
Tue Mar 27 06:52:54 MST 2007

In article <001801c77074$c5f910a0$6600a8c0 at salvator9w3d2z>,
Salvatore Giudice <salvatore.giudice at voipsecuritytraining.com> wrote:
> From personal experience, I no longer use Digium hardware since I could
> rarely push a quad port card to more than 13 channels per T1 circuit without
> the card failing miserably. HDLC aborts abound.

This usually happens if you have left the software echo canceller enabled,
because all the zaptel echo cancellation happens in the interrupt service
routine (!!!).

With echo cancellation disabled, I have found that I can fill a TE405P/TE410P
with calls quite happily on a single P4 at 2.8GHz, and no HDLC aborts.

Cheers
Tony
--
Tony Mountifield