[asterisk-users] Re: Question about DSP in Digium card

Brad Sumrall Brads at ftnco.com
Tue Mar 27 06:45:45 MST 2007

Whether it is IAX, SIP, H323 or ?????

These are authentication handshakes to establish an rtp stream.

SIP = user name and password in a standardized IP packet

IAX = same

H.323 = same

Is also has to do with what codec are supported as well.

As far as NAT is concerned!

Yep, tell your ISP to forward the authentication port or just junk their
gear and get something like a low end Cisco.

Or

Get IP Phones with STUN (a little pricey)

Or

Trick!!!!

Use some type of tunneling gear to an outside IP (outside your NAT) and then
bounce your authentication from this new gateway!!!

i.e. establish a VPN connection to an outside router from an internal router
and drive the call through there.

Brad

  _____