[asterisk-users] snom led not working with asterisk 1.4.1

Carsten Bock carsten_maillista at cbclass.net
Tue Mar 27 04:18:39 MST 2007

Steve Murphy wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 15:00 +0100, Giorgio Incantalupo wrote:
>> Hi Steve,
>> as you know if you type "show hints" inside asterisk console you can see
>> phone status. When a phone is not connected, Asterisk says it is
>> Unavailable. With Asterisk 1.2.9.1 my SNOM leds worked well so I knew
>> when a phone was not available but with Asterisk 1.4.1 is not possible
>> anymore. This is one of the functions which I'm trying to keep from
>> Asterisk 1.2.9.1 to 1.4.1 .
>>

> Pardon my ignorance! I am new in this area. I have not used my SNOM 360
> with anything but 1.4. When the monitored extension is busy, the LED is
> on; when the extension is ringing, the LED flashes. What does it do for
> you in 1.2, when the line is unavailable?

The LED is also on.
I noticed a change from 1.2 to 1.4:

channels/chan_sip.c, 1.2.13 :

case AST_EXTENSION_UNAVAILABLE:
statestring = "confirmed";
local_state = NOTIFY_CLOSED;
pidfstate = "away";
pidfnote = "Unavailable";
<<<

Asterisk 1.4.2 channels/chan_sip.c Line 6892
function static int transmit_state_notify(...)

case AST_EXTENSION_UNAVAILABLE:
statestring = "terminated";
local_state = NOTIFY_CLOSED;
pidfstate = "away";
pidfnote = "Unavailable";
<<<

The var "statestring" has changed. I changed it back to "confirmed" and the phone shows the unavailable state.

ciao,
Carsten