[asterisk-users] Asterisk and T38 ?

Tobias Wolf tobias.wolf at evision.de
Tue Mar 27 01:32:41 MST 2007

Noc Phibee schrieb:
> Hi
>
> i read the list and see a lot of personn say T38 it's not possible
> with asterisk and other says that he use T38 with asterisk ??
> i don't understand ;=)

Well, if i understand it correctly then Asterisk currently only supports
T.38-Passthrough, which means, you have to have to T.38 capable
Endpoints which can communicate with an Asterisk in the Media Path.

But you cannot terminate an T.38 Call on an Asterisk Server (say
receiving an Fax with an Asterisk and saving the Fax as an TIFF on the
server).

Anyone feel free to correct me if i am wrong ;)

Cheers,

Tobias