[asterisk-users] Server Recomendation

Forrest Beck jonforrest.beck at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 19:35:08 MST 2007

I am looking to install a system with 200 phones (polycom).  There
will be about 30-40 simultaneous calls.  I am looking at the Dell 1950
with Quad 2.66, 2Gig RAM, Two 160 Gig SATA Drives (Mirrored with a
Perc5 card), Dual Gig NIC, and RHEL 4.0.  I will use two "gateways"
for my PRI's and FXS Cards so PCI won't be used.  I will probably use
a small 14" 2U server to handle the ZAP Cards.

Does anyone for see a problem with using the 1950?  Good/Bad thoughts???

Thanks!

--
***
Forrest Beck