[asterisk-users] Re: format_wav.c:247 update_header: Unable to find our position

Bartek Bulzak bartek at rdesolutions.com
Mon Mar 26 09:06:28 MST 2007

Eric "ManxPower" Wieling wrote:

> I have found that if the logs are rotating several times per second
> then the problem is either you are out of disk space, or you have too
> many files in 1 directory.  When it happened to me I had massive
> numbers of files in /var/log/asterisk.

FYI I have finally found out and confirmed the exact reason why this has
been happening to me: recording a file that reaches the 2GB filesize limit.

http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=8250

This bug entry refers to voicemail, but it is also true for any types of
recordings with Asterisk, such as with cmd Monitor.

--
cheers,

Bartek Bulzak

RDE Solutions Inc. - Montreal, Canada

t 514-489-0620 x222
f 514-312-9270

***
*** RESPORG ID: AUA10
***

***
*** NOTICE: If received in error, please destroy and notify sender.
*** Sender does not waive confidentiality or privilege, and use
*** is prohibited.