[asterisk-users] Multi-registration ?

dave cantera david.cantera at iacnet.net
Mon Mar 26 09:44:41 MST 2007

olivier,
soft phones on a PC require a port to connect to the server...  haven't
tried multiple soft phones, simultaneously, connecting to one server or
multiple servers but if you can configure the outgoing port, it should
be possible... NAT might get quite confusing so I would try it before
making any commitments..
as for hard phones, I register my sip phones with two or three servers,
one server per extension or two+ extensions with one server...  one or
more extensions to one server... if you have 3 extensions you can
register those to 1-3 servers as you wish...
daveC

.

Olivier wrote:
> Hello,
>
> 1. Is it possible to install several SIP softphones on the same PC,
> have them registered to the same Asterisk server and attribute to each
> softphone a specific extension, ringtones or call forwarding rules ?
>
> 2. Is possible to do the same with SIP hardphones ?
>
> Regards

Building Strong Relationships w/ Intelligent Customer Service
--

Interlocking Business Solutions, LLC
856-380-0894 x5000