[asterisk-users] AsteriskNow Beta 4 with T1 Cards?

Tzafrir Cohen tzafrir.cohen at xorcom.com
Mon Mar 26 07:23:38 MST 2007

On Mon, Mar 26, 2007 at 09:18:25AM -0400, Brian K. Alexander,  Jr. (Vision Point Systems) wrote:
> > Tzafrir Cohen wrote:
> > The asterisk-gui uses /etc/asterisk/zapscan.conf, which is detected
> > at boot time (by zapscan which is run from /etc/init.d/zaptel)
>
> > As genzaptelconf is now able to replace the zapscan utility of the >
> > asterisk-gui, and also to detect digital spans and give them
> > resonable values in many cases, I wonder if it can do the job for you.
>
> Thanks - genzaptelconf worked well for the analog card in the test system
> here. I'll have to wait until I have the PRI to try it with that.

Getting it to generate something for digital cards is a trivial change.
I just need to know what to write there.

If I were to edit sapscan.conf myself, what should I write there?
For instance:

[g11]
port=te

> I also played around with simply manually configuring the system before
> using the web interface. I will post up what I tried here in case it might
> help someone else. I found that I could get the analog card to work with
> asterisk-gui under Fedora by adding entries to the zapscan.conf.
>
> For example my /etc/zaptel.conf contains:
>
> 	fxsks=4
> 	fxoks=1
>
> and my /etc/asterisk/zapata.conf contains something like:
>
> 	context = demo
> 	signaling=fxo_ks
> 	channel => 1
>
> 	context = demo
> 	signaling=fxs_ks
> 	channel => 4
>
> So I then put the following into zapscan.conf:
>
> 	[1]
> 	port=fxo
> 	[4]
> 	port=fxs
>
> I don't know if this soft of work-around can be applied to digital cards but
> it seemed to work for analog cards. However, using genzaptelconf was very
> strait forward.

Should you provide it as a group of channels? As single channels?

Generally I believe that user-interface-wise TE resembles FXO: an
"incoming" line.

--
               Tzafrir Cohen
icq#16849755                    jabber:tzafrir at jabber.org