[asterisk-users] Doorphone vs. Grandstream BT101

Jay Milk ast-users at skimmilk.net
Sun Mar 25 16:25:52 MST 2007

marcotasto wrote:
> I did something similar one year ago for a friend of mine that was interested to answer to bell door from internal phones.
> I used an HT286 with a sort of homebuilt analog hybrid with a microcontroller able to automatically answer when the ring was present on the HT286 FXS line (when calling from internal to the external box) and using the auto-call feature of the HT286 when people press the external button. To terminate the call I used a sort of DTMF sequence sent by Asterisk dead-agi script that the micro detects just to hang-up. I've added on the same box an axis camera to have a sort of video on the LAN.
> To be able to safely open the door, I made a little box ethernet based able to receive some UDP packets sent by Asterisk through agi when the received call was transferred on a predefined internal extension.
> It's working well!
> In my spare time, I'm working to have this solution well packed in an easy to build electronic kit (my friend is using a prototype version). If you are interested, I can post my results and the link to my site when they will be ready.
>
> Thank you and bye,
>
> Marco Signorini.

Very interesting, no doubt. I was actually considering using a
pre-packaged speaker-phone circuit and an avr or pic with ring-detection
and silence-detection to handle pick-up/hang-up, but by the time I get
this together and wire it into a free FXS port, the grandstream solution
is so much cheaper and more elegant. Still would like to see it.