[asterisk-users] Doorphone vs. Grandstream BT101

Steve Totaro stevetotaro at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 25 06:56:11 MST 2007

Doug Lytle wrote:
> Steve Totaro wrote:
>>
>> You will probably want some sort or script to reboot the phone
>> regularly (everyday) or it will just stop working (lose registration
>> with *).  The speaker phones really
>
> Really?  I have several of them in use and have yet to reboot any of
> them.
> Doug

Maybe the newer firmware addressed this issue but on the wiki and all
over the web, this issue is discussed.  I used to have a webstore and
also deployed many GS BT101s so I have moved and supported several
hundred.  Nothing but trouble.

I do not deploy "toy" phones anymore.  The % of DOAs and all of the
issues that the BT101s had plus how flimsy it is turned me off.  It is
not much more for a Polycom 301 which I consider a true business class
phone.  Set it and forget it.

Thanks
Steve