[asterisk-users] Re: Refund from SellVoip?

Brad Templeton brad+aster at templetons.com
Sun Mar 25 00:42:37 MST 2007

On Sat, Mar 24, 2007 at 12:13:25PM -0700, Martin Joseph wrote:
> On 2007-03-23 14:37:18 -0700, "Tom Lynn" <tom at tomlynn.com> said:
>

> >Now I know where they've been spending my remaining balance...
>
> I still use Sellvoip as my primary terminator, and have found the call
> quality to be superior  to any other ITSP from my location (Seattle).
>
> I agree completely that there is no support from this company, which is
> a major issue if you are trying to support other customers.
>
> Still,  I remain a happy customer of sellvoip, with Teliax and Nufone
> configured as backups...
>
> I wouldn't expect a refund for cancellation of prepaid phone usage,
> does the original agreement you have with then suggest that they owe
> you a refund?

Sure, if you had a bunch of DIDs with them, and you sent in requests
to cancel them and they never acted on them and kept billing until
your accounts ran out of money.

Or if due to a bug, they started billing another customer's calls
to you, quickly depleting your account and giving you access to
that other customer's private CDR data, and they never answered
any tickets, calls or emails about the matter for days.

Yes, I could see wanting a refund.   The "good call quality and
no customer service" routine seems good, until something goes
wrong and you have no idea when they will fix it.  You can
use backup providers for termination, but not origination.