[asterisk-users] Timeout for conferences

Steve Edwards asterisk.org at sedwards.com
Sat Mar 24 16:01:13 MST 2007

Way back in the day (1.2.7.1), I did this for a client.

In conf_run() in app_meetme.c, I added this code:

// if an agent abandons a caller, kick the caller after 15 seconds
// check for no agent
                         if      ((conf->isdynamic)
                         &&       (1 == conf->users)
                         &&       (0 == (CONFFLAG_ADMIN & user->userflags)))
                                 {
                                 if      (0 == lonely_timeout)
                                         {
// give the agent 15 seconds to log back in
                                         lonely_timeout = time(0) + 15;
                                         }
                                 if      (time(0) > lonely_timeout)
                                         {
                                         ret = 0;
                                         return(ret);
                                         }
                                 }

Their goal was if the agent was disconnected, give the agent 15 seconds to
dial back in before bumping the customer.

Reply off-list if you need more :)

On Sat, 24 Mar 2007, Andreas v. Heydwolff wrote:

> Hi,
>
> The dialin conference via asterisk is over, one person is still in the
> conference room and accidentally does not hang up properly. Her meter at the
> phone company keeps running...
>
> I'd like to implement something to the effect of checking whether there is
> only one participant in the conference, and when this is the case, to cancel
> the call after a predefined time (perhaps 5 or 10 mins. to allow for some
> waiting for latecomers).
>
> Has someone already written some code or a quick idea for this scenario?
>
> Regards,
>
> --AvH

Thanks in advance,