[asterisk-users] Microsoft launches first PABX

Jon Pounder JonP at inline.net
Fri Mar 23 06:56:49 MST 2007

Quoting Christopher Chan <chrisfz at netvigator.com>:

>> Obviously, Asterisk may be in the same "Market Space" of all other
>> IP PBXs, but in reality it is apples to oranges.  Being able to
>> explain and sell this concept to the customer is paramount in making
>> the sale and often times, it makes more sense for 3com system or
>> possibly an MS system.
>

> Surely asterisk is in more than the ip PBX 'market space'! But yes,
> if 3com or MS can take away the 'sorcery' of a PBX, it will probably
> make sense for some.

I don't think anything these days should be considered sorcery - one
quick stop
at google is usually enough to explain the operating principles behind any
system if the end user cares to know. Its more that naive users have this
misplaced trust for M$ even though they demonstrate over and over again they
are not trustworthy either for marketing techniques or quality.

The real acceptance push should be for linux on the desktop, and then it would
not seem so strange that the same operating system runs the phone switch,
coffee pot, router, etc., it would be oh, that's what it is, I know about that
since I use it every day at work.

Jon Pounder

   _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/       _/_/_/  _/    _/  _/_/_/_/

Inline Internet Systems Inc.
Thorold, Ontario, Canada

Tools to Power Your e-Business Solutions
www.inline.net
www.ihtml.com
www.ihtmlmerchant.com
www.opayc.com