[asterisk-users] minimal asterisk for iax2 bridge

Francisco Pérez Botella xerox at eivissaweb.net
Fri Mar 23 05:10:37 MST 2007

Hello:

I'm building asterisk for a bcm96348GW board, wich has a usb capable device to
timming ztdummy, kernel is 2.6.8.1.

This board will be serve as a prototype for an IAX2 trunk "bridge" in the form

SIP/IAX2<--->IAX2trunk<--Inet-->IAX2trunk<-->LucentCS/SIP<-->SS7/POTS

The parameters are known.. in the sense that only g729.a will be used, the two
IAX2trunks are not going to do transcode at all indeed, just repacking and
protocol conversion.

so in this scenario, do I need to ever compile and load codecs modules in the
firmware built ?? space is limited in the board.

Do i need to compile the "format" modules too ??

must I put allow g729 in the confs?

on the other side I need to generate CDRs, one in the board for " sale" rates
in the callshop an other in the Lucent compact switch for "cost" rates,
question is. I need to answer in the board before dial iax2 because of
sendtext parameters, then in the dial iax2.. Do I need to reset cdrs in order
to do not count time between "answer" and far end answer ??

At the other side of the bridge the machine just dial sip reintroducing call
name (or number) for authenticate in front of Lucent CS, I think I have not
to "answer" incomming calls to iax2 bridge, because it will generate billable
time in the board cdr engine. Am I wrong ??

Please send any comments, thanks

--
Francisco J. Pérez Botella