[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4.2

Lacy Moore - Aspendora aspendora at gmail.com
Thu Mar 22 18:04:18 MST 2007

On 3/22/07, dave cantera <david.cantera at iacnet.net> wrote:
> thomas,
> the dialplan is quite different in 1.4.x...  they use a users.conf file for,
> I think, all endpoints (phones not providers)...  there is no documentation,

Somebody forgot to tell me I had to use the users.conf file.  Hmmm....
 Guess somebody should tell my system it's not supposed to be working.
 :-)

I've been using 1.4.1 in a test environment since it came out.  I've
had zero issues with it.  I would not have wished 1.4.0 on anyone, but
then I could have just not taken the necessary time on it.

For my use, I'd consider 1.4.1 just as stable, if not more, than my
current 1.2(something) version.

I updated that test system to 1.4.2 yesterday and am currently going
over it.  I have seen no problems with it so far.

Again, though, YMMV.  I don't have 1000 users, several servers in a
cluster, etc., just a small office.

As far as dialplan, I didn't have to change anything other than making
the new entries in sip.conf for BLF to work and replacing some of my
deprecated commands (I was using DBput and DBget and some other
commands that no longer exist).