[asterisk-users] Linksys/Sipura SPA-942 phones in larger deployments

Bryan M. Johns bryan at sheltonjohns.com
Thu Mar 22 17:05:15 MST 2007

Dave,

I highly recommend that you try network provisioning the Polycom
phones you have.  The configuration access and tweaks available in
the config files is nearly infinite and can be used to address most,
if not all of the issues that you mention here.

Here's a decent run-down on network provisioning the Polycom:

http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Polycom+Soundpoint+IP+501

While it may not be practical to go this route for a single desk
handset, it can be a life-saver in a larger network rollout.

I hope that this helpful.

Bryan M. Johns
Partner
Shelton | Johns Technology Group