[asterisk-users] using ael and extensions.conf togather?

Steve Murphy murf at parsetree.com
Thu Mar 22 09:00:40 MST 2007

On Thu, 2007-03-22 at 20:43 +0500, Rizwan Hisham wrote:
> Hi all,
> i need to know whether we can use ael and extensions.conf togather. i
> mean can we switch between contexts,extensions and priorities which
> are in present in both? can 2 context be named same in extensions.conf
> and extensions.ael?

Rizwan--

The answer, loosely, is yes, you can. With these provisos:

1. You can't declare the same context in both worlds.
2. I've been fixing AEL to only WARN about references into the
extensions.conf world, that it can't find in the AEL world.

I've got some cool stuff under construction in team/murf/bug_7638, where
I actually go out (in aelparse) and read in the extensions.conf, and not
generate the warning if I can find the reference in the
extensions.conf.

Just remember that AEL compiles into the same stuff that extensions.conf
files do, and they end up in the same pot after the compile is finished.

murf