[asterisk-users] Cisco 30VIP Phone

Chris Nighswonger cnighswonger at foundations.edu
Thu Mar 22 04:44:40 MST 2007

On 3/22/07, Bill Hackensack <billhackensack at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 3/21/07, Chris Nighswonger <cnighswonger at foundations.edu> wrote:
> > I have just successfully configured a Cisco 30VIP to work with my
> > Asterisk server. I have seven of these phones new and would like to
> > deploy them. I am wondering if anyone has this phone deployed with
> > Asterisk and can suggest configuration of the various buttons, etc.
> > (Bare with me as I am new to Asterisk.)
>

> So which is it?  You either have it configured or you don't.

Sorry. "Configured" is a relative term in my previous post. From the
standpoint of the phone making calls it is configured. From the
standpoint of buttons other than the dialpad working (ie 'xfer' 'dspl'
'hold' 'redl' the 26 "soft keys"), it is not configured. For example,
pressing the 'hold' key in the current "configuration" causes Asterisk
to crash.... very bad I suspect. Also, the display shows time and
occasionally an 's' ????

Hope this clarifies my request.

Thanks,
Chris