[asterisk-users] Asterisk 1.4.2 chan_zap

Jeremiah Millay jeremiah at rockriver.net
Wed Mar 21 12:49:25 MST 2007

Trying to use:
Asterisk 1.4.2
Zaptel 1.4.0

chan_zap won't compile in asterisk 1.4.2 when used with zaptel 1.4.0.
The changelog has this entry:

* channels/chan_zap.c, configure, configure.ac: If we receive
          ZT_EVENT_REMOVED, destroy the specified channel. (issue #7256,
          tzafrir) Also, update the configure script to make sure that we
          don't try to build chan_zap if the installed version of zaptel
          does not include ZT_EVENT_REMOVED.

Also a link to bugs.digium.com: http://bugs.digium.com/view.php?id=7256

When I run ./configure for asterisk 1.4.2 part of my output includes the
following:

checking for ZT_DIAL_OP_CANCEL in zaptel/zaptel.h... yes
checking for ZT_EVENT_REMOVED in zaptel/zaptel.h... no
checking for ZT_TCOP_ALLOCATE in zaptel/zaptel.h... no

Am I to understand that to be able to build chan_zap with this new
version of asterisk I also need to have a new version of zaptel (which
has yet to be released) that includes ZT_EVENT_REMOVED in zaptel.h? I'm
able to compile chan_zap under asterisk 1.4.1 against zaptel 1.4.0 just
fine.

Jeremiah