[asterisk-users] FWD outgoing problem

Bogdan Gonciulea bgonciulea at gmail.com
Wed Mar 21 07:40:02 MST 2007

[globals]
FWDNUMBER=yyyyyy
FWDPASSWORD=pppppppp
FWDCIDNAME="some name"

[default]
exten => _393.,1,Set(CALLERID(all)=${FWDCIDNAME})
exten =>
_393.,n,Dial(IAX2/${FWDNUMBER}:${FWDPASSWORD}@iax2.fwdnet.net/${EXTEN:3},60,
r)
exten => _393.,n,Congestion

I have also took out the Set(CALLERID...) line and the result was the same.

Indeed I have a configured Zap trunk which I use to place calls. As I said
making calls to 612(time) and 613(echo) - dialing 393612 or 393613 - works
very well. The problem is when trying to call another FWD user (dialing
393xxxxxx on my phone) I get the busy signal, asterisk saying
"IAX2/192.246.69.186:4569-1 is busy".

I found on the FWD forums that others had the same problem, but I couldn't
find any solution. They also said that in fact the problem appears only when
asterisk (which connects to FWD using IAX) is trying to call a FWD user
which is using SIP. If I try to call a FWD user which is registered from
behind another asterisk system which is connected to FWD through IAX it
should work. I didn't test this yet...

Bogdan