[asterisk-users] Fedora + Linux Kernel 2.6 for Zaptel/Asterisk Installation

George C. Attopany george.attopany at databankgroup.com
Wed Mar 21 01:35:22 MST 2007

Hi,

I run ASTERISK  1.2  with a  Wildcard TE410P-Xilinx on Redhat Linux
8.0(Psyche) with Kernel 2.4.18-14 on an i686 with a Channel bank to enable
me use anlog handsets.

I would like to upgrade to Fedora Core 6 and then run  ASTERISK 1.4.1 and
latest Zaptel etc.

Reading from the mailing list about problems with Fedora and Linux Kernel
2.6,  and from the link (
http://www.voip-info.org/wiki/index.php?page=Asterisk+OS+Platforms ) I am a
bit confused about the way forward with my upgrade.

I am not very good with Linux systems, but would appreciate your advice to
sail through my upgrade successful. Any hint from you would be welcome, in
particular how to upgrade my platform to Fedora Core 6 and the necessary
Kernel to give me a stable platform.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Kind regards,

george.